Soliciting buyer feedback takes only a few moments of your time and can improve your business's online reputation, if done correctly. Not every Amazon buyer leaves seller feedback, but the key is not only to solicit positive responses from satisfied customers, but to avert negative feedback from dissatisfied buyers. While Amazon sends a reminder e-mail to buyers who have not submitted feedback within 30 days of a purchase, a proactive and direct follow-up gives you the opportunity to remedy any product or service issues. Doing so can turn the buyer's negative experience into a positive one, reducing your chances for negative feedback.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Click "Your Account" on Amazon's main website to access your seller account.
Enter your Amazon account e-mail and password and click "Sign in." If a text box indicates "You are signed in as," you are logged in to your account and do not need to enter your login credentials.
Click the "Your Seller Account" button to access the Amazon Seller Central website.
Click "View Your Orders" to view a list of pending and shipped orders.
Review and click on the order number of the buyer you wish to solicit for feedback. The order details will appear.
Scroll down the page and locate the order's tracking number. Click on the tracking number hyperlink to confirm that the package was successfully delivered to the customer. Click "Return to Order Details" to return to the previous page.
Click on the buyer's name in order to contact the buyer via e-mail. The buyer's name is located next to "Contact buyer" in the order details screen.
Select "Feedback Request" from the "Subject" drop down menu. Type a message encouraging the buyer to leave positive feedback if the service was satisfactory. Request that the buyer contact you directly if the order does not meet his expectations. Click "Send e-mail."
Tips and warnings
- Write a friendly note on the packing slip or invoice before shipping the order to encourage feedback.
- When soliciting buyer feedback, be sure to mention that there are two types of feedback. The buyer can leave separate feedback for the seller and the product purchased. Otherwise, you may receive negative feedback if the buyer is unhappy with the product.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for