A Gucci bag is an investment in style that will last through many seasons. While these bags are well-made, normal wear and tear occurs. If something happens to your designer bag, all hope is not lost. Depending upon the type of damage to your handbag, it's possible to fix the problem yourself. Complicated repairs or damaged furnishings like zippers or snaps require a return to the manufacturer to ensure the handbag is restored to its original condition.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Original sales receipt
- Packing materials
- Access to a Gucci retailer
Clean small stains using a scant amount of soapy water or leather cleaner and a soft cloth. Blot toward the middle of the stain to keep it from spreading. Rubbing alcohol on a cotton swab can sometimes remove ink, but the best solution is always to send the bag back to Gucci for proper restoration.
Take your bag to a reputable shoe repair shop to fix slightly damaged seams with loose or frayed seams.
Return the item to the point of purchase to seek help from the manufacturer. According to Gucci.com, "Gucci offers a repair service for Gucci products purchased from a Gucci authorised point of distribution. Products may be brought to any authorised point of distribution [for repair]." Include a copy of the original sales receipt if possible.
If there isn't an authorized retailer near you, pack the bag carefully and ship it to Gucci directly:
Attn: GAI Fashion Repairs
50 Hartz Way Secaucus, New Jersey 07094
Assess the Damage
Tips and warnings
- If you opt to ship your product to Gucci, use a box slightly larger than your handbag, and secure it with plenty of packing material to avoid crushing and further damage. Insure the package for the value of the handbag.
- Store your handbag in its original dust cover when you aren't carrying it; this will protect it from soiling. To maintain its shape, stuff the bag with tissue.
- Attempting to repair the handbag yourself may cause more damage. If possible, leave the restoration to a professional at Gucci.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for