You can set up your Yahoo! e-mail account on your Android device using either the built-in e-mail application or the Yahoo! Mail for Android application. If you have a free Yahoo! account, you must download the application. Free Yahoo! e-mail accounts will not work on the native e-mail app. You can download the Yahoo! Mail for Android application using the Android Market, or by sending a text message link to your phone from the Yahoo! site.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Open the Android Market application on your Android device.
Touch the magnifying glass icon at the top of the page.
Type "Yahoo! Mail" without quotes in the search box and tap the magnifying glass icon.
Touch "Yahoo! Mail" and tap the "FREE" button.
Touch "OK" to accept the permissions and install the application.
Touch the "Open" button to open the Yahoo! Mail program.
Type your Yahoo! ID and password in the boxes provided, then touch "Add Account."
Tips and warnings
- Send the application to your Android device by going to the Yahoo! Mail for Android site at mobile.yahoo.com/mail/android. Type your phone number in the boxes on the right, then press the "Send a link to my phone" button. Open the link in the message to install the app.
- If you have a paid Yahoo! e-mail account, you can use Android's built-in e-mail client instead of the Yahoo! Mail application. Touch the Email icon in the application tray, type your Yahoo! e-mail address and password and follow the onscreen directions.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for