You may have wondered how to make those pretty princess doll cakes without investing in a cake pan that you will never use again. The good news is that you can use a large Pampered Chef glass measuring container to bake the cake doll skirt. The 8-cup (2-quart) Classic Batter Bowl is the perfect size for the skirt and cooks up nicely, without sticking to the sides. The fun part of making the cake is adding decorative designs with frosting and cake embellishments.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Cake mix
- Large glass measuring cup
- Cooking spray
- Baking tray
- Cooling rack
- Princess doll figurine
Make your favourite two-layer cake recipe or prepare batter from a box mix. Avoid substituting the oil or eggs for a low-fat option to keep the cake at a standard consistency when baking.
Preheat the oven to 176 degrees C or the temperature listed in the recipe.
Spray the inside of a glass 8-cup Pampered Chef Classic Batter Bowl with cooking spray. Pour the cake batter into the container. Set a baking tray in the preheated oven and place the container on top; this creates a sturdy base during cooking.
Bake for about 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Remove the container from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes. Remove the cake from the container by slicing around the inside edge with a sharp knife and inverting the cup onto a cooling rack.
Wash the body of a princess doll with soap and water and let it dry. Stick the doll into the top of the cooled cake, stopping at the waist. Slice excess cake to taper it naturally from the waist to the middle of the cake.
Place rolled fondant over the cake for a smooth skirt, or frost the entire cake using a star tip. Decorate the doll bodice with a star tip application, adding delicate straps over the shoulders.
Add metallic balls as decoration around the dress while the frosting is soft.
Tips and warnings
- Practice using decorator tips; place a piece of waxed paper on a flat surface and decorate with each tip you plan to use. Work on creating even star dots or lines.
- Purchase canned frosting for to decorate the cake quickly, or make your own butter cream frosting. Canned frosting works well for spreading, but does not hold its shape when piped from a tube like butter cream frosting.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for