AdBlock is an extension for Firefox that has tools for blocking ads on websites and online videos. The tool has various filter lists and also lets you create exceptions if ads still appear on a website. Although AdBlock can help remove unwanted or distracting advertisements, it can sometimes cause problems if the tool cannot block ads correctly on a website or interferes with the page's functions. If you're having problems with a website or if AdBlock does not work correctly, you can uninstall or disable it in your Firefox add-ons list.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Launch Mozilla Firefox. Press your keyboard's "Alt" key if your version of Firefox does not have the menu bar. Click "Tools" and select "Add-Ons."
Click "Extensions" on the left side of the "Add-Ons Manager." Click the "Remove" button next to "AdBlock Plus."
Click "Restart Now" above the extensions list to restart Firefox. Firefox then restarts without AdBlock installed.
Tips and warnings
- If you don't want to uninstall AdBlock permanently, click "Disable" instead of "Remove." You can later come back and click "Enable" to use AdBlock again.
- If you only want to disable AdBlock for a certain website, click the "AdBlock" icon on the Firefox toolbar and then click "Disable On..."
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for