When you enable the SIM PIN lock on an iPad, it will ask for a SIM PIN code every time you turn on Wi-Fi + 3G mode. If you enter the SIM PIN incorrectly three times, the iPad will ask for a PUK code. To unlock the iPad, you will need to get a personal unlock code, the PUK, from your cellular carrier.
- Skill level:
Log in to your AT&T my Wireless account on the AT&T website.
Click the "Technical Support Chat" link and speak to an agent. The agent can give you a new PUK code.
Generate the code yourself by clicking the "My Services" link and selecting "My Phone/Device." Click "Unblock SIM Card" and the site will give you the PUK code.
Contact your carrier by phone and speak with customer care. The customer care agent can generate a new PUK and give it to you over the phone. Call AT&T at 800-331-0500 or T-Mobile at 800-866-2453.
Tips and warnings
- The PUK is good for one use. If you lock the iPad and it asks for a PUK code again, you will need to get a new code.
- Make sure the PUK code is correct. You only have 10 successive chances to put it in correctly. After you enter the PUK code incorrectly 10 times, the SIM card locks permanently and you will need to buy a new SIM.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for