A feathered dove mask can be worn as part of a costume for Mardi Gras or for a themed party. Once you have all the supplies on hand, construction of a simple dove mask shouldn't take more than an hour. All the items used to fabricate a dove mask can be found at a party or craft store. The cost of supplies will vary depending on where they are bought and the quality of the items.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Black Venetian long-nosed mask
- White feathers
- Hot glue gun
- Glue sticks
- White fabric edging
Glue larger white feathers onto the outer edge of the Venetian mask, using small dabs of hot glue at the base of the feather. Do not feather the beak.
Blanket the mask with feathers by making a spiral from the outer edge to the centre of the mask. Use smaller feathers as you come closer to the centre. Make sure that none of the black mask is showing through the feathers.
Cover exposed feather shafts near the eye holes by hot gluing fabric edging over them in the outline of the eye hole.
Tips and warnings
- For dramatic eyes, use black or coloured fabric edging around the eye holes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for