The only playable goblin character in "LEGO Harry Potter" is Griphook, an employee at Gringotts Wizarding Bank. Griphook can access goblin chests that appear throughout the game. Within these chests are bonus items, including character tokens to unlock other characters. The ability to unlock Griphook, then, is important if you hope to complete the game at 100 per cent. Although you can play as Griphook in story mode during the first level, you cannot unlock Griphook to use in free play until near the end of story mode.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Learn the Reducto spell. You will access a Reducto lesson in story mode between Year 4, Level 2 and Year 4, Level 3. Complete the lesson and unlock the Reducto spell for all magic user characters you possess except Hagrid.
Grab the Griphook character token. Replay Year 1, Level 1 in free play mode. In the last room of the level, you will encounter a row of locked vaults. Before you enter any of these vaults, use the Reducto spell to blast the lock on the sparkling silver box. Inside the box is Griphook's character token.
Buy Griphook for 55,000 studs. In the Diagon Alley hub, visit Madam Malkin's Robes. Now that you have collected the Griphook character token, you can purchase him from Madam Malkin. Griphook will automatically become available in your accessible pool of characters for free play mode after the purchase.
Tips and warnings
- Prioritise the story mode before you play many levels in free play mode. You cannot unlock Griphook until you complete the Reducto lesson, and you need Griphook to unlock many treasures and other characters in free play mode.
- Muggle characters and Hagrid cannot use Reducto even after you unlock the spell.
- Although you can play as an adult witch or wizard who can already use Reducto from the start during some levels in story mode, you will not unlock any of these characters for free play mode until after you learn Reducto during the lesson.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for