Putting on puppet shows is a great way to entertain your kids and even adults. Around Halloween put on a puppet show using skeletons. Creating paper skeleton puppets takes only a little time. If you want to have a variety of skeleton characters in your puppet show or make individual ones with your children, print out multiple skeleton templates that vary in appearance from each other. Making skeleton puppets with kids can be a good class activity or a good rainy day activity.
Things you need
- White and black construction paper
- Skeleton template
- Hole punch
- Brass fasteners
- Large craft stick or dowel
- Packaging tape
Use the white construction paper to print out a copy of a skeleton template. Cut out multiple body parts if you want to make a larger skeleton puppet.
Cut out separate pieces of the skeleton template. Cut apart the pieces at joints if the template is all one piece.
Glue the pieces of the skeleton on the black construction paper. Leave at least 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) of black paper all the way around each piece. Cut out the different body parts on the black paper leaving that 1.25 cm (1/2 inch) space all the way around the edges to highlight the bones of the skeleton.
Arrange the skeleton so that the joints overlap a little bit. Use the hole punch to punch a hole through both layers of the joints. Connect the pieces of the skeleton by inserting brass fasteners at each joint.
Use a large craft stick or a dowel and tape it to the back of the skeleton. Tape it all the way up to the head of the skeleton so that it stands up. Use packaging tape, as it is stickier and will hold the sticks to the paper much better than regular tape.
Tips and warnings
- Leave the brass fasteners loose on the joints so that the skeleton can move freely during your puppet show.
- Use felt to make your skeleton puppets in the same manner if you want a puppet that will last a little longer than paper.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for