The blender whirrs, and the strong smell of coffee and sweet caramel pervades the air. Many who walk into a coffee shop think that a caramel frappé is the perfect summer drink to cool off with. A frappé, is a sweet drink made with crushed ice, milk and sweetener. Adding strong coffee or espresso adds caffeine and more depth of flavour. Refresh your taste buds and save a trip to the coffee shop by making your caramel frappé at home with a blender and a coffee maker.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Measuring spoons
- 6 tbsp ground coffee
- Coffee maker
- Measuring cups
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp caramel syrup
- Tall glass
- Hard caramel sauce
- Nutmeg (optional)
- Cinnamon (optional)
- Whipped cream (optional)
Pour 6 tbsp of ground coffee into a prepared coffee maker. Add 1/2 cup of water. Brew the coffee.
Measure 1 cup of ice cubes in a blender along with 2 tbsp of granulated sugar and 1/4 cup of milk. Pour the strong coffee over the mixture.
Place the lid on the blender and purée until smooth. Open the lid and add 2 tbsp of caramel syrup. Replace the lid and blend again to combine.
Pour the frappé into a tall glass and garnish with hard caramel sauce.
Tips and warnings
- Add a pinch of nutmeg and cinnamon to your frappé as you blend to give it additional flavour.
- Top your frappé with whipped cream to make an special dessert.
- Pulse the blender to avoid to help crush the ice quicker.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for