ATMs offer the convenience of 24 hour banking without the queues. You can withdraw or deposit money at these handy automated teller machines any time of the day or night, 365 days a year. If you are making a deposit, make sure that the ATM belongs to your bank as ATMs from other banks will not be able to offer a deposit service. You can safely deposit money into your account using an ATM deposit envelope.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- ATM card
Slide your ATM card into the card slot. Orient the card in the same way as the card pictured beside the card slot.
Press the button next to your language of choice if the ATM prompts you to do so. Enter your secret PIN. Next, the ATM will ask you what kind of transaction you would like to make. Press the button next to "Deposit".
Select the account into which you would like to deposit the money. Your selection will depend on the accounts you have with the branch, such as savings or checking. Enter the amount of money you wish to deposit.
Take an envelope from the envelope slot. Place your money into the envelope. Some ATMs require you to place a printed slip into the envelope while others simply print your information on the envelope. Read prompts carefully to determine if you should put the slip into the envelope. The ATM will print out the slip for you.
Seal the envelope and feed it into the envelope slot. Continue with other transactions or remove your card from the ATM if you are done.
Tips and warnings
- You can only deposit checks or bills, no coins.
- Deposits take several days to process. If you need the money right away, go into the branch to discuss your options with a teller.
- If the envelopes have run out, you can collect more from inside the bank.
- Some ATMS accept money without envelopes. Simply feed your bills or checks into the slot when prompted to do so.
- Take care when using the ATM. Do not accept help from strangers. If you have any questions, remove your card and go into the bank for assistance.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for