Whether you are creating a costume for a fancy dress party or need a Halloween outfit for trick-or-treating, the simplest costumes are often the most effective. Plastic bags can be adapted to make a variety of costumes. White trash bags are perfect for a ghost costume so long as you remember not to put them over your head - use white face paint instead. Black trash bags can be made into dresses and capes for a witch or wizard costume. Clear trash bags work perfectly for a jelly bean costume.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- White shirt
- Dark trousers
- Large clear plastic trash bag
- Coloured balloons
- Jelly bean label
Wear a white shirt and dark trousers as a base for underneath your costume.
Cut two holes in the bottom of a clear plastic trash bag, large enough for your legs to fit through. Step into the bag and pull it up around your waist.
Fill the bag with as many brightly coloured balloons as you can fit comfortably. Mix up the colours and make sure they are covering your body on all sides.
Tie the bag at the neck with a large colourful ribbon, creating a large ruffle around your jaw line. Take care not to tie it too tightly.
Print out a jelly bean label design you find online. Alternatively create your own label by cutting a large jelly bean shape out of card stock and designing a logo. Stick the label on to the front of your costume.
Tips and warnings
- Tape the base of the bag around your waist if you are concerned about being able to use the rest room while in your costume.
- Wear a light shirt as plastic costumes may make you hot.
- Never place a sealed plastic bag directly over your head.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for