The cat-eyes style of mask is popular during celebrations like Mardi Gras and Halloween. The mask goes outward in points outside the eyes which look similar to a cat's eye. Make your own cat-eyes mask and celebrate.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Template for mask (see Resources)
- Craft foam
- Construction paper
- Craft glue
- Hole punch
- Elastic string
Print a template of a cat-eyes mask out using your computer. Print the template directly on to construction paper, but if you are using craft foam to create your mask, print it on regular paper.
Cut the template out with scissors and trace it on to craft foam using a pencil. Cut out the mask.
Decorate the masks using craft glue, feathers, sequins, rhinestones and beads. Line the entire mask in sequins to accentuate the cat-eyes style, and line the eyes with rhinestones or beads to highlight them.
Allow the glue to dry.
Punch a hole on either side of the mask and thread elastic string through it, knotting the string to keep it in place. Make sure the mask will comfortably fit over your head.
Tips and warnings
- Glue a wooden dowel to one edge of the mask using a hot glue gun if you would rather hold the mask up to your face instead of wear it.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for