Just a year after the release of "Warcraft III," Blizzard Entertainment introduced a new expansion titled "Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne." The expansion, and resulting mods like "Defense of the Ancients," proved popular; so popular, in fact, that people are still playing it years after its 2003 release. The problem with playing a game long after the initial release is that new operating systems have come out and widescreen monitors have gained a great deal of popularity. That leaves players with the choice of dealing with black bars on the side of the screen or finding an alternate solution.
- Skill level:
Open up your Windows Registry by opening your Start menu, typing "regedit" into the search bar and hitting "Enter." If you do not have Windows 7, you will have to select Run before typing "regedit."
Locate the registry entry titled "HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Software > Blizzard Entertainment > Warcraft III > Video"
Find "resheight" on the list and change the number to the desired height in pixels.
Find "reswidth" on the list and change the number to the desired width in pixels.
Close the registry and start your game.
Tips and warnings
- Make sure you know what resolutions your computer can handle before making changes.
- Changing your registry incorrectly can be dangerous. Always use caution when making changes.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for