Blogspot is an online blogging platform. Bloggers are given a unique URL, or Web address, and complete creative control over their pages. Users can choose from a number of existing layout templates or tailor their own using the site's HTML editor. As a security measure, blogs can be made private by their owners. Once a page is made private, it can only be accessed by readers specified by the blog owner.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Blog owner's e-mail address
Contact the owner of the blog you wish to read. If the blogger is a close personal friend or relative, try phoning them for faster access. If you do not personally know the blogger, send them an e-mail explaining why you would like to follow their blog.
Await response from the blogger or from a Blogspot representative. Occasionally a blogger will contact you with further questions before confirming you as a permitted reader. Once you are confirmed, an invitation to read the blog will be sent to your e-mail.
Follow the appropriate link in the invitation e-mail. You will be given the option of signing into your Google account, creating a new Google account or continuing on to the blog as a guest reader.
Access the blog. Bookmark the page for easier access in the future.
Tips and warnings
- Blogspot will usually not contact blog owners on your behalf. The fastest way to obtain access to a private blog is by contacting the owner directly.
- Do not attempt to access a private blog through hacking or other manipulative means. This may result in suspended Blogspot privileges or more serious consequences.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for