The Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium product key code is displayed on the packaging. You require this key code to reinstall the operating system. Misplaced packaging can stall the reinstallation process. The key code is stored in the system registry in an encrypted format. Use a third-party utility to convert the key code to its original readable format. Many product key code recovery utilities are free.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Download ProduKey from Nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html by clicking "Download ProduKey (In Zip file)," located near the bottom of the screen.
Open the downloaded ZIP file and then double-click "ProduKey.exe" directly from within the ZIP file. No extraction or installation is necessary.
Locate "Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium" in the software list. The corresponding key code appears under the "Product Key" column.
Tips and warnings
- There are many free software utilities available to recover Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium product key codes, including WinGuggle by Unlock For Us and Product Key Finder by Dave Hope. Email the recovered key code to yourself, to ensure easy access in the future.
- To ensure licensing compliance, only use the recovered product key code to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium on the original computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for