Buffalo LinkStation wireless hard drives store your music, video and pictures in a location accessible on your home network without connecting to a computer. The LinkStation's Web Admin interface lets you "wake" (switch on) the drive during set periods of the day and "sleep" (switch off) during periods of inactivity. This feature saves energy and ensures the LinkStation drive doesn't slow down your home network when not in use.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Right-click the Buffalo LinkStation icon in Windows Explorer (Windows) or hold "CTRL" and click the Dock icon (Mac).
Select "Open Web Admin" from the menu.
Enter your Buffalo user name and password in the appropriate boxes and click "Login."
Click "System" when the Web Admin utility appears.
Click "Power Management" then "Sleep Timer." The current settings appear. Select "Modify Settings."
Click the drop-down menu beside "Timer 1," "Timer 2" or "Timer 3." Options appear.
Select a "Timer Interval" from the drop-down menu, such as "Specific Day of the Week."
Select times from the "Wake Up At" and "Begin Sleep At" drop-down menus. Click "Save."
Close the Admin Utility. The "wake" and "sleep" times apply immediately.
Tips and warnings
- The default user name is "admin" and the default password is "password" (all lower case.)
- Move the power switch on the back of the LinkStation to "Auto" if you want the drive to wake and sleep with your computer, if fitted to your particular model.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for