Yahoo! offers Android smartphone users an application to connect their Yahoo! e-mail accounts to their Android device. With the Yahoo! Mail app, you can access multiple Yahoo! e-mail accounts, send and receive attachments, preview photos, and receive push notifications of new e-mail messages. Additionally, you can synchronise your Yahoo! e-mail contacts with your Android smartphone's contacts. The app also offers enhanced integration with Yahoo! Messenger, allowing you to view your friends' IM status. Yahoo! Mail is available in the Android Market as a free download.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Access the Android Market on your Android smartphone via the market icon. The market icon resembles a shopping bag with the Android logo on the side. You can find this icon in the app drawer or on any home screen on which you have placed a shortcut.
Press your smartphone's search button to search the Android Market. The search button is typically designated by a magnifying glass. A search box will appear at the top of the screen.
Enter "Yahoo! Mail" into the search box and press the magnifying glass icon next to it.
Choose the Yahoo! Mail app from the list of search results. You will be taken to the application's home page, displaying information and user reviews.
Select "Install" from the upper-right corner of the Yahoo! Mail page. Your phone will proceed to download the application.
Open the Yahoo! Mail app via the icon in your phone's app drawer and enter your Yahoo! e-mail account information when you are prompted. You will now have full access to your e-mail account and receive notifications on your Android smartphone.
Tips and warnings
- You can access your Yahoo! e-mail account via your smartphone's Web browser. Enter the address for the Yahoo! Mail website in your browser, and you will be taken to a mobile version of the website. Although you can access your e-mail in this manner, the account is not linked to your phone, and you will not receive notifications when new e-mail messages arrive. If you have multiple Yahoo! e-mail accounts, you can link them together with the Yahoo! Mail application. This will allow you to receive all of your incoming messages in one interface, without having to log in to each account separately.
- The Yahoo! Mail application requires Android 2.0.1 or higher and 2.3 megabytes of internal memory to function properly on your Android smartphone.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for