Gold-coloured icing may be added to anniversary, graduation and novelty cakes. The gold colour is achieved by mixing white icing with icing colour paste. To add shimmer, edible gold dusting powder and lemon oil are applied to the cake with a decorating brush.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Medium mixing bowl
- White icing
- Lemon yellow icing colour paste
- Orange icing colour paste
- Red icing colour paste
- Small mixing bowl
- Gold dusting powder
- Lemon oil
- Cake decorating brush
Fill a medium mixing bowl with white icing. Combine 10 parts of lemon yellow, 3 parts of orange and 1 part of red icing colour pastes into the bowl and mix together with a spatula to create gold icing. Use the same spatula to ice the cake.
Fill a small mixing bowl with edible gold dusting powder. Add approximately 10 to 15 drops of lemon oil into the bowl and lightly stir.
Dip a cake decorating brush into the dusting powder and lemon oil mixture. Brush the mixture on the cake for instant shimmer.
Tips and warnings
- Ice the cake one hour before serving, since icing colours can change after being exposed to the air.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for