Rockstar Games' action-adventure "Grand Theft Auto 4" was unleashed on the public in April 2008. "GTA4" received Gamespot's elusive perfect-10 rating, and boasted a bizarre but effective combination of a strong and involving storyline, an interesting and likable protagonist, and a plethora of mindless violence. The game found a home on multiple platforms, but only on the PC version can players use the built-in Video Editor to create movies from clips captured in-game.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- PC version of "GTA4"
Press the "F2" button in-game to save a 30- to 40-second clip of game play to your hard drive. The clip covers the time frame right before pressing the button. Continue saving clips until you have all the material you wish to use in your video.
Activate Roman's mobile phone.
Choose "Video Editor" from the mobile phone. Save your game before using the mobile phone, as activating the editor will exit you from the main game.
Choose the "Editor" option.
Click on the clip you wish to use first from the selection on the left side of the Editor screen. Holding the mouse button down, drag your clip to the storyboard window just below the words "Enter Title ..."
Move each additional clip you wish to add to your video into the storyboard in the order you want them to play.
Choose the "Web" option in the "Export To Gallery" section at the bottom of the screen. The video is now recorded and can be viewed in the "Gallery" section of the Video Editor.
Tips and warnings
- Use the "Upload" option in the Video Editor to export your creation to Rockstar Games Social Club.
- Use the "Online" feature in the Video Editor to go to the Social Club website, where you can view and comment on player submissions.
- Hold down the right mouse button in the "Clips" menu of the Video Editor to change the camera angles in your footage. Save the desired angle as your thumbnail photo to better organise your work.
- Double click on clips in the storyboard window to change camera angles and playback speed, add special effects and more.
- Add music to your video by clicking on the "Music" tab on the left side of the "Editor" window.
- Add a title or some text to your video with the "Text" tab on the left side of the "Editor" window.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for