Ademco alarm systems include burglary alarms that detect exterior windows or doors opening as well as motion inside your home. Smoke detectors can also be added to the system for fire detection and security in your house. When a battery nears the end of its life, the system senses it and alerts you to change the battery in the affected sensor so you can have continued safety.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 9-volt battery
Observe the master console of the Ademco alarm system. The "Low Bat" light is illuminated when the system needs a battery replacement. The display on the master console shows a number of the sensor that needs a battery. If your system is disarmed, the master console emits fast pulsing beeps. If your system is armed, there are no audible tones.
Replace the 9-volt battery in the affected sensor on the master console display.
Enter your access code on the nearest console or keypad to the alarm system. Press the "Off" key. The red "Home" light will go off and the green "Off" indicator will light, showing that the system is disarmed. You will hear one beep to verify that the system is disarmed.
Activate the sensor that you replaced the battery in. Open a door or window to activate an exterior sensor. Walk in front of a motion detector inside your home to activate it.
Enter your access code on any console or keypad of the alarm system. Press the "Home" or "Away" button to arm the system, then immediately enter your access code and press "Off." This action will reset the alarm to illuminate the low-battery signal to the system. The "Low Bat" indicator will go off, and the sensor number will be erased on the keypad of the master console.
Tips and warnings
- Ademco alarm systems will not beep while the system is armed. This design keeps the system from beeping when you are home with the system armed. As soon as you disarm the system, the low-battery indicator will start beeping.
- Arming your system in the "Home" mode allows you to turn off the inside motion detectors and move around inside without setting off the alarm system. Arming the security system in the "Away" mode activates all external and internal sensors in your home.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for