Buffing your nails can keep them looking healthy and prevent them from getting dull and losing their natural shine. Commercial nail buffers are the most common buffing tool, but they wear out quickly and need to be replaced often. Making a homemade nail buffer is an easy and inexpensive way to keep your nails beautiful and healthy.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Cotton cloth
- Lavender essential oil
- Vitamin E lotion
Cut a 4-by-4-inch square from a piece of soft cotton cloth. Set aside.
Soak your hands in a bowl of warm water.
Place three drops of lavender essential oil on the cotton cloth.
Rub the cloth on each of your nails, allowing the lavender oil and the rubbing to shine and smooth your nails.
Massage vitamin E lotion into your nails and hands.
Tips and warnings
- Do not buff your nails more than once a week because it could weaken your nails.
- Jojoba oil is a good alternative to lavender essential oil if you are allergic to lavender.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for