Similar to the bulletproof casing protecting the Constitution of the United States of America, the Mark as Final feature in PowerPoint allows people to read the presentation but prevents any changes, making the file read-only. If you want to send out a PowerPoint that is ready for presenting, use the Mark as Final option to make the file read-only. If someone needs to make changes to the file at a later time, she can remove the read-only status.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Open the PowerPoint file for which you want to remove read-only status.
Click the "File" tab in the upper left-hand corner of the screen. Click the "Info" link in the pane that appears on the left.
Click "Protect Presentation" and then click "Mark as Final" to disable the protection. The icon should now have a white background.
Tips and warnings
- When "Mark as Final" is enabled, the icon will have an orange-coloured box around it.
- Mark as Final doesn't secure the PowerPoint file. Anyone can remove the mark and disable the read-only status.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for