A dream catcher is a Native American hoop woven in the centre like a spider web to protect the sleeping dreamer from nightmares and evil spirits. Jacob gives Bella one for her birthday in "New Moon" in the hope that it will do the same for her. It is his way of looking out for her when he cannot be there. To show your allegiance to Jacob and Bella, make one of your own.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Small pre-made grapevine wreath
- 4 yards of hemp cord or string
- 12 inches of suede cord
- Glass beads
- Shark's tooth
- Small seashell
- Silver wolf charm
- Large bead
- Small yellow disc
- 35 inches of monofilament or fishing line
- Clear nail polish (optional)
Cut a 70-inch piece of hemp cord or string. Tie one end to the grapevine wreath. Continue tying half hitches all around the wreath, spacing each about 1/2 inch apart, making sure each loop is pulled tightly. Repeat with each row of loops until it makes a web in the middle of the wreath.
Stop the half hitches towards the bottom centre of the web. End by tying twice in the same place, forming a knot and pulling it tight.
Cut one 15-inch and four 5-inch pieces of monofilament or fishing line. Take the 15-inch piece and tie to the bottom centre of the wreath. String with beads, and tie the silver wolf charm to the end. Repeat with the 5-inch pieces, placing two to each side of the centre string for a total of five danglers. Add the other four charms (shark's tooth, small seashell, large bead and small yellow disc) to the ends to complete.
Cut a 12-inch piece of suede cord. Tie around the top of the wreath for hanging.
Tips and warnings
- You can use clear nail polish to strengthen knots or the ends of strings.
- Do not use clear nail polish on leather.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for