An African hut, also known as a Zulu hut, is a traditional type of dwelling used to give shelter from the elements. Basic huts are made with a mud-brick base and a wooden frame roof which is covered with thatched grass. An African hut is relatively easy to draw as it only requires a few simple shapes. Once you master the basic shape of an African hut you can decorate the hut's walls with traditional African patterns, colours and murals.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
Draw a rectangular shape onto the bottom of a piece of paper. This will form the base of the hut.
Use the top line of the rectangle to form the bottom edge of a triangle. The triangle will form the roof of the hut.
Draw a small arched shaped door in the centre of the rectangle.
Draw several small, straight lines inside of the triangle to create a thatch-like texture on the roof of the hut.
Tips and warnings
- You can decorate the rest of your picture with background details and people with coloured pencils or paint.
- If you make a mistake, simply use an eraser to rub-out the pencil mark and start again.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for