Belkin International (Belkin.com) has been manufacturing Internet routers since 1983. The company sells thousands of routers, wired and wireless, every year. A router splits the incoming and outgoing Internet signal originating from the modem into multiple paths that can be used by several computers simultaneously. The wireless variety routes signal over airwaves to and from devices equipped with wireless network interface cards. The router clock time stamps a log file describing when each connected device's activity occurs.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Access your Belkin router manager by opening any browser and entering the default Belkin address in the URL address box at the top of the browser screen. The default address is "192.168.2.1" without the quotes.
Navigate to the "Setting the Time and Time Zone" section of the router manager located on the left hand column of the Belkin router manager page.
Click on the drop-down arrow on the right side of the first of two Network Time Protocol drop-down boxes located in the centre of the page. This is the primary Simple Network Time Protocol server. Belkin routers receive the correct time setting from SNTP servers located around the planet.
Click on the drop-down arrow on the right side of the second of the two Network Time Protocol drop-down boxes located in the centre of the page and select a second SNTP server location different from the first selection. This is the secondary or backup SNTP server.
Enter your correct time zone if the default setting is incorrect.
Check the "Enable Daylight Saving" setting if you live in an area that observes daylight savings time.
Click on "Save Settings" dialogue button located in the upper left or lower right left of the Belkin router manager screen, depending on the model and firmware version. It will take up to 15 minutes for the router to contact the primary SNTP server. The clock cannot be changed manually.
Tips and warnings
- Before accessing the router manager, check to make certain the firmware version installed on your Belkin router is current. Find the current version by going to the Belkin website and entering the model number followed by the words, "firmware update." If you find an updated firmware version available for your unit, download and install it. You can also reset all the router settings to factory default by depressing and holding the "Reset" button on the reverse side of the router for a ten count. This will automatically reset the SNTP server locations to the settings Belkin technicians decided are the most stable. If the advice does not allow you to correct the time on your Belkin router, try contacting Belkin directly.
- Resetting the router will also delete all custom settings, if any exist. It is advisable to save the present router settings before attempting to reset.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for