Canon describes the Pixma MX330 as an all-in-one office printer because it also functions as a copier, scanner and fax machine. This printer can self-diagnose problems with its operations. Canon includes a LCD display on the Pixma MX330 that states information about current print jobs as well as the health of the machine. However, some of the error messages on the screen are cryptic and vague. You can perform a few general troubleshooting steps that might get your printer to work properly.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Open the printer and examine the ink cartridge to verify ink levels if the LCD screen on the printer displays the "CHECK INK" error message. If the ink has run out, the corresponding ink-level codes include "U162" and "U163."
Press the "OK" button on the printer if you see the "REQ. SERVICE SOON" message. Afterward, the printer will disregard this error and you can resume printing activities. However, the Canon MX330 has built-in cleaning and maintenance functions for the print head. The "ink absorber" is a critical part of this cleaning routine, and it might need replacing eventually. Contact Canon for assistance with replacing the part.
Cut all power to the printer if the display screen shows the "CHECK PRINTER" error message. Press the "ON/OFF" button to power down the machine, then unplug the cord from the wall outlet or surge protector. Wait for about one minute. Plug the printer back in to its power source and turn it back on. If these actions do not eliminate this error message, contact Canon for maintenance.
Shorten or divide up a lengthy document on the computer if the printer's LCD screen shows the "MEMORY IS FULL" error message. Documents with images and colours will take longer for the printer to process than a simple black-and-white document. Cancel the long print job from your computer using functions in the operating system, then resend the revised document to the printer.
Restart your PC or Mac computer if printing does not start when you send a job to the machine. This action clears interrupted and leftover print jobs out of the queue.
Tips and warnings
- Contact Canon's technical support department for additional assistance via e-mail or phone.
- Most modern printers connect and rely on computer connections. You can use the tools and utilities in the Microsoft Windows or Apple Mac OS X operating systems to troubleshoot problems with the Canon MX330 printer.
- Use caution when working with electrical appliances and machinery. Whenever possible, unplug the device before attempting to maintain and troubleshoot its internal and external components.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for