Cellulite is a condition of the skin that leads to embarrassment and feelings of self-consciousness. The dimpled, cottage cheese-like appearance created by cellulite is not exclusive to people who are overweight. Although lack of exercise can exacerbate cellulite, genetics play a role, too. Many over-the-counter and spa remedies for cellulite contain caffeine to help firm the skin and reduce the build-up of cellulite. Rather than spend money on these remedies, a home remedy made with ground coffee beans can provide the same effects at a fraction of the cost.
Things you need
60 g (1/4 cup) coffee beans
15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
Pour 60 g (1/4 cup) coffee beans into a coffee grinder. Grind the beans so the coffee grounds are coarse, making them an effective exfoliate, in addition to helping get rid of cellulite.
Pour the ground coffee into a bowl. Add 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil and stir the two ingredients together to make a coffee ground scrub.
Lay a bath towel on the floor to catch dripped or spilt coffee ground scrub as you're applying it. Stand on the towel and rub the coffee ground scrub into the areas of your skin affected by cellulite. Massage the coffee grounds into your skin with alternating small and large circular motions. Continue to rub the coffee into your skin for five to 10 minutes.
Wrap the coffee ground-covered skin with cling film. Place towels around your body to hold in body heat, causing you to perspire and release toxins. Relax for 10 to 20 minutes as the coffee ground scrub works on the cellulite.
Remove the towels and cling film. Rinse your body off with warm water to wash away the coffee grounds. Pat your skin dry with a clean towel.
- Repeat this procedure at least twice per week to see or maintain benefits. Used coffee grounds can be substituted but may have less caffeine in them than unused grounds. Purchase inexpensive coffee grounds for your cellulite scrub. Since the caffeine is important, make sure not to be decaffeinated coffee.
Tips and Warnings
- Repeat this procedure at least twice per week to see or maintain benefits.
- Used coffee grounds can be substituted but may have less caffeine in them than unused grounds.
- Purchase inexpensive coffee grounds for your cellulite scrub. Since the caffeine is important, make sure not to be decaffeinated coffee.
Things you need
- 60 g (1/4 cup) coffee beans
- Coffee grinder
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) olive oil
- Cling film