Tassels with cords decorate drapes, pillows and banners. You can make these tassels from embroidery thread or yarn in whatever colour tickles your fancy. Coordinate the cord and tassel colours to create a uniformed look. To make tassels with cords, you will combine the technique for making tassels and cords together.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Embroidery Floss
- Paper weight
Wrap embroidery floss around a two-inch piece of cardboard about a dozen times.
Slip the end a cord three times as long as the desired length through the top of the wrapped floss until the cord ends are equal in length. Knot close to the tassel. Knot the ends to a pencil. Weigh down the unfinished tassel with a paper weight. Twist. Knot the end of the cord when finished twisting.
Slide the wrapped thread from the cardboard. Wrap a length of thread several times about a half inch from the top of the tassel. How many times you wrap the thread depends on the look you desire; wrap at least three times. Knot the thread and cut off any excess.
Cut the bottom of the tassel to create free-flowing ends.
Tips and warnings
- Each knot is simple. Cross the ends, fold the left strand under and pull tightly.
- Alternative methods for knotting the tassel exist, but the knot describe above is the easiest.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for