Sulphur lime dips are used to treat a plethora of skin diseases on dogs and cats. Once a solution has been prepared, you can cover your dog in the dip for maximum effect. Cats can be sprayed using a hand spray bottle. Use a sponge when applying the solution to your pet's face to prevent the dip from getting in their eyes. Only apply the dip after diagnosis by a vet. Consult your vet if the animal displays any signs of allergic reaction.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Chemical resistant gloves
- 113gr. lime sulphur
- 1 gallon of water
- Hand sprayer
Put on your gloves. Mix 113gr. of lime sulphur per gallon of water. Read instructions carefully before proceeding, as mixing instructions may vary from one product to another.
Bath your pet and rinse shampoo off with warm water. Pour the entire gallon of lime sulphur over your dog. Work into the animal's fur. Use a sponge to treat areas on the dog's face. Do not get any solution into the dog's eyes.
Allow to dry. Do not rinse the lime sulphur off. Apply every five to seven days as directed by your vet.
Wear your gloves. Mix 236ml. of lime sulphur concentrate with 1 gallon of water.
Put the mixture in a hand spray bottle. For tame cats, spray the fur liberally and work the liquid in with your hands. If your cat resists application, spray through the mesh of a wire cage.
Use the sponge to apply lime sulphur to the face. Do not get any solution in the cat's eyes.
Allow the cat to dry. Do not rinse off. Apply twice weekly or as recommended by your vet.
Tips and warnings
- Store out of reach of children and pets.
- If the pet should get lime sulphur in its eyes, bathe with water and contact your vet immediately.
- Lime sulphur may stain porous surfaces and pets with light-coloured fur.
- May cause allergic reactions and skin irritation. If you notice any adverse effects, contact your vet.
- Only administer lime sulphur if prescribed by a vet.
- Do not allow your animal to lick or groom itself after application. Use an Elizabethan collar if necessary.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for