In "Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution," players control a historical civilisation starting in the ancient world and progressing up into the future. One of several ways that the game awards victory is for players to be the first to build an interstellar spaceship and send colonists to the Alpha Centauri system. This is regarded as the "easiest" of ways to win, because it does not require the player to employ an aggressive military strategy. However, it is also the lengthiest, and requires the player to stay ahead of his opponents.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Research the "Space Flight" technology. As this is near the top of the technology tree, you will need to research most of the existing technologies in the game to build up to it.
If no other player or computer opponent has already done so, build the Apollo Program Wonder in any of your cities.
Build at least one of each type of spaceship component, each designated with an "SS" in the name: SS Fuel, SS Propulsion, SS Habitation and SS Life Support. Upon completion, each will be delivered to your nation's capital city.
Access the Victory Conditions screen (press "F8" in the Windows version) and press the "Launch" button to launch the finished ship toward Alpha Centauri.
Tips and warnings
- In order to defeat your opponents in the race to space, adopt a playing strategy that emphasises accelerated research through Science production. The sooner you discover "Space Flight," the sooner you can start.
- Construction of the ship will proceed faster if you have the different components constructed simultaneously in different cities.
- While only one of each component is necessary to complete the ship, adding more SS Propulsion and SS Fuel modules will increase the ship's speed, allowing it to reach its destination faster, allowing you to "catch up" with an opponent who may have already launched hers. Additional SS Habitation and SS Life Support modules will add to your final score.
- Until the ship reaches Alpha Centauri, any opponent may still deprive you of victory by capturing or destroying your capital city.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for