To work on MicroStation Design File (DGN) files in AutoCAD design software you need to convert the file to an AutoCAD Drawing Database File (DWG). There are many different vector image file conversion programs that can be purchased or used as freeware. Any of these programs can convert DGN files to DWG format with similar basic procedures.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Vector Image File Conversion Software
Install file conversion software. Open the program and click "Add Files" and select the DGN file you want to convert.
Navigate to the Input Format drop-down menu and make sure the format is "DGN". Navigate to the Output Format menu and select "DWG".
Specify the location you want to save the converted file. Click "OK" to begin converting the files.
Tips and warnings
- Always save a copy of the original DGN file in case something goes wrong in the conversion process.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for