Waxing appears to be the perfect medium between shaving and electrolysis, as it lasts longer than shaving alone but is more economical than electrolysis treatments. Unfortunately, as most people know waxing can be quite painful. Thankfully there are many tips and products which can help reduce the pain and swelling that accompanies this hair removal technique. There are a multitude of companies that offer either a numbing cream or spray that is meant to be applied to the skin prior to waxing, thus reducing the basic inherent pain.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Talc powder
- Numbing cream or spray
- Cling film
- Over the counter pain reliever
Grow hair on legs to a length of at least 1/4 inch. This ensures that the hair will be properly caught by the wax when applied. Allow a week or two depending on individual hair growth rates.
Clean and exfoliate legs to rid skin of oils, dead skin and ingrown hairs. Make sure legs are completely dry by applying an absorbent talc powder to them. Brush off any excess talc before applying numbing cream/spray.
Apply numbing cream or spray to the area of the leg to be waxed approximately 30 minutes to1 hour before waxing is to occur, dependent upon what the specific directions of the numbing agent indicate. If using numbing cream wrap the lathered portions of the legs in cling film to keep the cream from drying.
Take some over the counter pain relievers after application of numbing product. This will help reduce any subsequent swelling and aid in pain relief.
Use a towel to clean off the cream or spray once the skin is numb and waxing is intended to commence. Legs are now ready to begin the waxing treatment.
Tips and warnings
- Try using the numbing cream/spray again after waxing if skin is still super sensitive.
- If you're a novice at leg waxing consider using or consulting a professional for the first few times until you get the hang of it. Waxing can be damaging to the skin if done incorrectly.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for