Perfect for baby portraits, play time or everyday wear, tutu dresses never go out of style for your little princess. Crochet tutu dresses are the easiest way to create a whimsical garment that's both fun and fashionable for the little girls in your life. Utilising the stretchy nature of kids crochet headbands, these tutu dresses make a one-of-a-kind gift for friends and are inexpensive and quick enough to make for every girl on the block.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Stretch crochet headband
- 6-inch wide roll of tulle
Using the scissors, cut 20-inch long strands of tulle.
Fold a cut tulle strand in half, and beginning at the bottom knitted row on the headband, push the folded end of the tulle through the crochet hole.
Pull the loose tulle ends through the tulle hole created by the fold, essentially wrapping the tulle around the bottom row of knit.
Continue folding and looping tulle strands around the bottom of the crochet headband until the row is full. The headband serves as the tube top of the tutu dress.
Tips and warnings
- Add fake floral embellishments to one side or the back of the tutu at the bottom of the headband with a hot glue gun.
- For multicolour tutus, buy additional tulle rolls and loop alternate colours around the crochet headband's bottom.
- For added sparkle, give the completed tutu a quick once-over with spray glitter.
- Pair with matching coloured bloomers for babies or bike shorts for young girls.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for