Wella Wellite powder lightener can be used for on- or off-scalp lightening techniques. The creamy formula makes it easy to apply and it can be used in the salon or at home. You can use the lightener to create highlights or for full head lightening. The lightener is available in a 454gr. tub or a 31.2gr. sachet for single applications.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Challenging
Things you need
- Non-metallic bowl
- Wella Creme Developer
- Non-metallic mixer
Mix 28.4gr. of Wellite Powder Lightener with 28.4gr. of Wella Creme Developer in a non-metallic bowl for off-scalp application. For on-scalp application, mix 28.4gr. of Wellite Powder Lightener with 56.7gr. of Wella Creme Developer in a non-metallic bowl.
Apply to the hair. Use the plastic brush to brush the bleach onto the hair evenly, if bleaching all of the hair. Apply evenly until the hair is covered, but not dripping.
If you are applying highlights, protect hair you don't want bleached with a highlight cap or foil. If applying to roots, divide the hair into sections and part thin strips of hair to access the roots. Apply bleach on the roots.
Leave on the hair for 20 to 50 minutes, depending on the colour you desire. Check hair every five minutes for colour. Check by wiping a piece of hair with a damp paper towel. If the desired shade has not been reached, reapply the product and leave for another five minutes. When the desired colour is achieved, rinse hair thoroughly to remove product. Apply a conditioner, and rinse.
Tips and warnings
- Store your Wellite in a cool, dry place.
- Use plastic gloves. Make sure that they are chemical-resistant.
- Use 20 or 30 volume developer for off-scalp application and 20 volume for on-scalp application.
- Refrain from washing the hair prior to lightening.
- Test a strand of hair before proceeding, to ensure that Wellite will not damage or break the hair. Hair should be in good condition prior to lightening to ensure success. Mix a small amount of Wellite and developer and apply to the test strand. Leave it until the desired shade has been reached, and rinse. Check to see if the hair is damaged or broken. The test strand will also indicate the length of time the product needs to stay on the hair to achieve the desired colour. The darker the hair, the longer the product will need to stay on the hair.
- Pull hair away from the scalp while bleaching. If hair is combed flat onto the scalp, the product will not develop properly, which can result in discolouration.
- Do an allergy test 24 hours prior to bleaching. Mix a small amount of Wellite and developer and apply a small amount to the wrist. Leave to dry for 10 minutes, then rinse. If the skin shows any sign of allergic reaction, do not use the product.
- Check the scalp for abrasions or rash. Do not use the lightener on broken skin.
- Do not perm hair directly before or after using Wellite Power Lightener.
- Do not leave on hair for more than 50 minutes, as this can severely damage hair.
- Do not apply to facial hair, including eyebrows.
- Do not use metal products including spoons, mixing bowls or combs with lightener.
- Discard leftover product when bleaching is complete.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for