Create a visually appealing salad or dessert by suspending fruit in Jell-O brand gelatin. Choose the type of fruit, as well as the flavour and colour of Jell-O you like, to make a chilled summertime treat for the kids, or a sweet dessert salad for the Christmas table. Jell-O is simple to work with, and requires only a short preparation time prior to chilling; the end result is one of freshness, bright colour and refreshing flavour. Follow the recipe of your choice to make a Jell-O dish for any occasion.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Measuring cup
- Two packets of Jell-O
- Fruit juice
- Green grapes
- Mandarin orange slices
- Banana slices
- Non-stick spray
- Serving platter
Boil 3 cups of water in a pot on the stove. The recipe does not require this much but in order to get the correct amount some extra water is boiled.
Add 2 cups boiling water to two packets of your choice of orange, strawberry, lime or raspberry Jell-O.
Stir the mixture until the Jell-O is thoroughly dissolved.
Blend in your choice of 1 1/4 cups of orange, apple, tropical blend or canned pineapple juice and refrigerate the mixture until it thickens to the consistency of double cream or unbeaten egg whites.
Fold in 1/2 cup of green grapes, one 312gr can of drained mandarin oranges, and one cup of firm banana slices. Gently mix together until the fruit is evenly distributed.
Lightly mist a 1 1/2-quart mould with non-stick spray and pour the mixture into it.
Refrigerate the Jell-O mould approximately four to five hours, or until it is firm.
Place a serving platter upside down on top of the mould. Hold the platter in place and turn the mould over onto the platter. Set the platter with the mould on top of it on the counter and gently jiggle the mould to release the gelatin onto the platter.
Tips and warnings
- Pour the Jell-O mixture into casserole dishes to set up; cut the Jell-O into squares and serve individually on plates covered with a leaf of lettuce. You can also cut the Jell-O into small cubes and serve in individual dishes.
- Do not use the fruit or juice of fresh or frozen pineapple, papaya, kiwi, ginger root, guava or figs with Jell-O. These will not allow the Jell-O to set up.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for