If your laptop has a glossy finish, the chances are that it is covered with fingerprints, smudges and dust. While this is very irritating, it can be easily remedied by regularly wiping with a clean cloth. Unfortunately, glossy surfaces are also prone to scratches, which are not only more noticeable but also harder to remove. However, you can lessen the impact of scratches on your glossy laptop by using a plastic polish to flatten and smooth the affected areas.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Plastic polish
- Two clean cloths
Mix a small amount of water with a little soap and lightly dampen a clean cloth. Thoroughly clean the glossy surfaces of your laptop in order to remove any grit that could cause further scratches during polishing.
Apply the plastic polish to a separate clean cloth and begin to rub the affected area of your laptop. Use a gentle circular motion to ensure an even finish. Continue until you feel the cloth begin to dry out.
Wipe the area to remove any polish residue and inspect the surface. Depending on the depth of the scratches, repeat the previous step until you are satisfied with the result.
Tips and warnings
- While polishing can help to get rid of small scratches, you may not be able to remove deep or large scratches.
- Any polishing liquid could potentially cause more damage to your laptop. Make sure you opt for a fine polishing liquid and always test a small area before applying to the whole surface.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for