Full, flouncy skirts, no matter the length, are a popular fashion trend for many women. There are tutorials online that explain the process of sewing a flouncy skirt, but with a full skirt and a complementary petticoat or underskirt, a flouncy skirt can be achieved without needle and thread.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Full skirt
- Petticoat or tulle underskirt
- Anti-static spray
Choose your skirt. It can be any length, but for best effect, select a skirt that is full, like a circle skirt.
Spray the underside of the skirt with anti-static spray. Let it dry per the spray's instructions.
Spray the outer layer of your petticoat with anti-static spray. This should be the part of the petticoat that comes in contact with the inside of the skirt. Let it dry per the spray's instructions.
Put on the petticoat first, arranging it so it lays evenly. Put on the skirt, straightening out the petticoat underneath as needed.
Arrange the skirt so it's full and flouncy as you walk.
Tips and warnings
- If you want the petticoat to show, use something with a decorative edge, such as lace.
- If you do not want the underskirt to show, select a petticoat that is a few inches shorter than your skirt.
- Full lightweight skirts have a better range of motion. Skirts made with heavy materials will hang and not have as much movement.
- Use the anti-static spray in a well-ventilated area. The fumes can be dangerous.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for