The Asus Eee PC 900SD netbook has a set of special function keys that toggle computer settings on and off. The F2 key enables and disables the wireless network adaptor. If the adaptor is turned off, Windows XP will be unable to connect to wireless Internet. To connect to a wireless local area network (WLAN), or wireless hot spot, select from one of the local Wi-Fi networks displayed in the Network Connections applet.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Hold down Fn and press F2 to turn on wireless LAN on the Asus Eee PC 900SD. Confirm the WLAN indicator light, located on the front of the netbook on the far right, is on.
Click "Start." Click "Control Panel." Double-click "Network Connections," or click "Network and Internet Connections," then click "Network Connections."
Right-click "Wireless Network Connection" from beneath "LAN or High-Speed Internet."
Select "View Available Wireless Networks" from the menu. Select a wireless hot spot to connect to, then click the "Connect" button.
Enter a password for the network if prompted, then click "Connect." A yellow star should appear to the right of the wireless hot spot when the Asus Eee PC 900SD connects to the network.
Tips and warnings
- Check the manual that came with your router if you don't know the name assigned to your wireless network.
- Don't connect to a wireless hot spot unless you have permission to connect to that network.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for