Skype Credit is used to pay for Skype's various premium features such as making calls to landline telephones and purchasing an online phone number that can receive calls from anywhere. Skype Credit is activated automatically once purchased, but becomes inactive if there is no activity on the Skype account within 180 days. To keep customers from losing money on unused credits, Skype allows users to activate their inactive credits again directly from the Skype website.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Skype account login information
Navigate to the Skype Credit reactivation page on the Skype website by typing in "https://" (without quotes and note the "s" in "https," which means it's a secure web site) followed by "secure.skype.com/account/credit-reactivate" and pressing the browser's "Go" button or pressing "Enter." This will automatically redirect to the Skype login page.
Sign in to the Skype using your account's Skype name and password. Links on the login page allow you to recover both your Skype name and your account password if you have forgotten either.
Confirm your Skype Credit balance on the reactivation page. Click the activation button on the page to reactivate your balance and make it available for use again in your Skype account.
Tips and warnings
- Place at least one phone call or send at least one text message from your Skype account every 180 days to prevent your Skype Credit balance from becoming inactive.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for