The Roku box is device designed to bring Internet content to the television. It provides access to dozens of podcasts, streaming services and social media. With the Roku box, you can experience media on a large television set instead of a small computer screen. Roku has partnered with Facebook to provide limited access to Facebook media via the set-top box. Currently, you can only view photos uploaded to Facebook by yourself and your friends, but this is ideal for showing off photos in a social setting.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Press the "Home" button on the Roku remote to access the home screen.
Navigate to the "Channel Store" icon, located directly to the right of the "Settings" menu.
Select the "Facebook Photos" channel.
Read the information presented, and select the "Install" button.
Enter your Facebook user name and password using the on-screen keyboard provided, and click the "Authorize" button when prompted to do so.
Navigate through your friends' profile pictures using the left and right arrow keys on the Roku remote.
Press the "Select" button in the keyboard to choose a photo album, and use the left and right arrow keys to scroll through the photos.
Tips and warnings
- To switch albums, use the "Up" arrow key on the remote to select the "Back" button on the screen.
- The Roku does not provide a full Facebook experience. You cannot make status updates, view others' updates or comment on another user's wall. Roku only provides access to photos uploaded by you and your friends.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for