Inserting a logo into your Tumblr theme will enhance your site's branding and online identity. If your Tumblr is being used as a professional portfolio site or a representation of a company, use professionally designed logos for your theme headers. Select a theme designed with the option to incorporate a customised header for prominent exposure of your brand throughout your Tumblr site.
- Skill level:
Log in to your Tumblr account to access the dashboard panel to make site adjustments and post content.
Select the customisation link located underneath the title of your Tumblr on the right side of your dashboard.
Click the "Appearance" tab at the top navigation on your theme's customisation page to activate the drop-down menu with options for changing your theme's outer appearance.
Scroll down the menu until you find the option titled "Header Image" with two buttons for uploading and clearing the existing header.
Press the "Upload" option and locate your header file on your computer. Determine that the file meets the recommended digital dimensions for your theme. These vary based on the theme design you have chosen; an indication of the required size should appear on the upload dialogue box.
Press the "Save + Close" button on the upper right side of the screen to save any adjustments made to your theme during the customisation mode.
Go to the URL of your site and check the new addition to your Tumblr theme.
Tips and warnings
- Your theme should have an option for replacing the existing header with your new logo. Each theme is created by individual programmers, so the options vary.
- If you wish to add your logo to your site as an avatar instead of an image or headshot, go to the Info tab in during the customisation stage and upload your avatar to the Tumblr using this drop-down menu. An avatar is a small, square image or icon that represents you or your company. Also look for a theme that displays the avatar on the home page if you desire this design element.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for