Using grids in "World of Warcraft" can be extremely useful, allowing players to watch the statistics of group members, enemies and spells being cast. Grids can also be a hindrance, blocking part of the screen and relaying information to you that you don't need to know. Using a grid is optional, and the benefit of using one depends on the specifics of the event itself and your personal preference.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Grid add-on for "World of Warcraft"
Click on the small yellow arrow on the right side of the screen during a raid, battleground or arena. A slide-out menu will appear.
Click on the red button labelled "Hide." The grid will be hidden, but the yellow arrow will remain on your screen.
Open the slide-out menu and click on the red button labelled "Show" to show the grid once more.
Hide Default Grids
Press the "Esc" key to open up the option menus.
Click on the red button labelled "Macros."
Choose an icon for your macro. The icon doesn't matter. Choose one you like and will remember.
Choose a name for your macro. For best results, choose a name related to disabling grids, such as "Disable Grid" or "Hide Grid."
Type the following commands into the macro text box.
Transfer the macro icon to your action bar. Unlock your action bar. Left-click on the new macro icon and drag it to your action bar.
Click on the macro icon to disable your raid grid. You will have to run the macro each time that you log in.
Disable Default Grids
Type "/grid" into your text box and press "Enter" or click on the "Grid" icon located on your minimap to open the "Grid" interface.
Click on the tab at the top of the "Grid" interface labelled "Layout."
Click on the grid layout you wish to hide. The options are "Solo Layout," "10 Player Raid Layout," "Battleground Layout," "Party Layout," "25 Player Raid Layout" and "Arena Layout." You will see a list of possible layouts for each layout category.
Click on the circle next to "None" so that it is highlighted.
Close the "Grid" interface. You will no longer see the selected grid layout displayed.
Disable "Grid" Add-on Grids
Tips and warnings
- If you would rather not create a macro to disable a default grid, you can enter the command "/run CompactRaidFrameManager:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameManager:Hide() CompactRaidFrameContainer:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameContainer:Hide()" directly into your text box and press "Enter."
- You must have the "Grid" add-on installed in order to disable or enable the "Grid" add-on grids. To enable "Grid" after installing it, go to your character selection screen. Click on the red button labelled "Add-ons" and click the box next to "Grid." A check in the box means that the add-on is enabled. Return to your character-selection screen and start the game normally.
- Your action bar must be unlocked to add or remove icons.
- Download "World of Warcraft" add-ons only from official or reputable websites. Always scan downloads with an antivirus program before installing them on your computer.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for