Google Picasa is a picture-sharing service that allows you to upload your photographs and photo albums to the Web to share with your friends, family and the Internet. Albums can be shared with anyone or left open for viewing by the general public. If you want to view a specific album in Picasa, you can search for the album and browse through the results at your leisure. However, if an album is marked as private, you will not be able to see the pictures it contains unless you have an invitation to view the photographs from the owner of the album.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Things you need
- Active Internet connection
Open a Web browser and visit the Picasa Web Albums home page.
Type the name of the album or the user name of the owner of the album in the "Search" bar at the top of the Picasa page. Click "Search" to search for the album.
Use the advanced filters on the left side of the search results page to narrow down the results you see. If you see the user you are searching for in the results, you can click his or her user name to open the album galleries.
Tips and warnings
- Logging into your Google or Picasa account will allow you to view private galleries other users have shared with you. You can log into your account at the PicasaWeb home page. Logging into your account will also allow you to filter your search results by "People I'm Following," which will only display pictures from your friends.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for