Converse shoes are a trendy must-have for both genders and all ages. Also called Chuck Taylors, or Chucks, the stylish sneakers are comfortable to wear and go with any outfit. Durable Converse shoes can be transformed by adding paint. There are a few things to keep in mind if you would like to let your inner artist out and paint your Converse.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Paint pens or fabric paint
Clean your Converse thoroughly. Throw your shoes in the washer with a mild detergent. Do not dry the shoes in the dryer. Let them air dry.
Remove the laces from the shoes once the shoes are dry. This will prevent any paint from getting on the laces while you paint the shoes.
Sketch a design or pattern on the shoe using a pencil. Draw lightly because you will not be able to erase. Use masking tape if you would like to create a straight edge with the paint.
Paint the Converse with paint pens or fabric paint following the design or pattern you made with a pencil. You can mix paint colours if you would like to and apply the paint with a brush. Let paint completely dry between layers.
Dry your shoes by placing them in a cool, dry area or outside. Once shoes are dry, relace them.
Tips and warnings
- You can paint the rubber, although it isn't recommended. Paint will need to be reapplied often. Order Converse with coloured rubber instead.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for