Groups, pages and events are all functions that facilitate the enhanced networking and connecting that go beyond basic Facebook posts. An admin is a Facebook member who is responsible for the creation and management of content related to a group, page or event. While the original creator is considered the admin from the start, it is possible to add more admins as needed to manage large numbers of users. If your group, page or event requires you to enlist additional help, you can add admins in a few easy steps.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Log into your Facebook account. Click the name of the group you wish to edit from the left column of your home page to view the group's page.
Click the "Edit Group" button in the upper-right corner of the page. Click the "Members" tab on the left side.
Type the name of the member you wish to add as an admin in the search box. Select the "Make Admin" option located below the member's name to grant admin access to the member.
Adding Group Admins
Log into your Facebook account. Click the name of the event you wish to edit from the upper-right corner of your home page or click the "See All" link if the event is not listed.
Select the "See All" option located above the guest list that appears on the event's page to view a full list of the guests who have responded.
Click the "Make Admin" link beside the name of the guest you wish to grant admin access to.
Adding Event Admins
Log into your Facebook account. Click the name of the page you wish to edit from the left column of your home page to view the main page.
Select the "Edit Page" button and click the "Manage Admins" option on the left side of the page.
Enter the email address or name of the person you wish to grant admin access to.
Adding Page Admins
Tips and warnings
- You can add an unlimited number of admins to Facebook groups, events or pages. Only a current admin has the ability to add an admin to a group, event or page.
- Only add trusted people as group, event and page admins since all admins have complete access and can delete admins, add new admins and make changes to descriptions and settings.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for