A Facebook fan page is designed to share information among people with a common interest. This could be anything from a favourite celebrity, a local restaurant or a brand of toilet paper. Although Facebook allows you to send private messages to the fan page's administrator, some administrators choose to list a contact e-mail address on the fan page under the Info section. Including a public e-mail address is voluntary, so not all fan pages offer an e-mail address for fans to use.
- Skill level:
Other People Are Reading
Log into your Facebook account.
Type a keyword for the fan page in the "Search" box at the top of the page. For example, type the name of the celebrity or restaurant. Choose the correct fan page from the drop-down list that appears to be directed to the fan page.
Click on the "Info" link, usually located in the left column under the photo. In some fan page layouts, the "Info" link is a tab located at the top of the page, to the right of the photo.
Scroll down in the "Basic Information" section. Look for an e-mail address. If one exists, click on the email link to open your e-mail program and send an e-mail the administrator, or copy and paste the address into your e-mail program.
Tips and warnings
- Facebook once allowed users to click on "Become a Fan" of pages. Now users just click "Like" to become part of a page's community.
- Fan-page administrators don't have to be affiliated with the person or item to create a fan page, so make sure you become a fan, or "Like," a valid fan page.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for