If you and five friends are looking for a group costume, you can create a costume made for six people and dress as a six-pack of beer. Making your own beer can costumes requires items found around your home or a trip to the local hardware store. The finished product is a truly unique group costume.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- 6 44-gallon trashcans
- Handsaw or jigsaw
- Medium-grit sandpaper
- Silver spray paint
- Acrylic paint
- Nylon cording
Remove the bottom of a 44-gallon rubbish bin. Make a hole in the bottom of the rubbish bin with a drill. Use a handsaw or jigsaw to cut around the circumference of the rubbish bin bottom. Discard the cut out disk. Sand the edges of the cut section using a piece of medium-grit sandpaper.
Drill four 1/4-inch holes in the top edge of the rubbish bin. Place the holes 1 inch below the top edge, evenly spaced every 6 inches around the rubbish bin.
Spray paint the outside of the rubbish bin using silver spray paint. Allow the paint to dry overnight. Decorate the dry rubbish bin to look like your favourite brand of beer using spray paint or acrylic paints and a paintbrush. Sketch the design out with pencil first to ensure the label looks correct. Alternatively, just paint the word "Beer" on the rubbish bin for a generic look. Let the paint dry overnight.
Insert a 30-inch length of nylon cording through two of the holes. Choose one hole to start with, and the hole on the opposite side of the can is the second hole. Tie a knot in one end of the cording. Insert the untied end of the cord through one hole in the rubbish bin. Feed it through to the hole on the opposite side of the rubbish bin, ensuring there is sufficient room for your shoulder between the can and cord. Pull the cord through the hole and tie a basic overhand knot on the end. If the knot feels loose, double-knot it. Repeat the process with the other rope through the other holes. These cords create the shoulder straps.
Repeat the entire process to create five more beer cans. Once completed, wear the beer cans with solid-coloured shirts and shorts.
Tips and warnings
- To create a box for the six-pack, use six large cardboard boxes. Each box should be at least 24-by-24 inches. Spray paint the outside of the boxes and decorate them to look like the beer's six-pack cartons. Once the paint dries, arrange the boxes in a six-pack formation, in two rows of three. Use hot glue to attach the edges together. Attach shoulder straps to each box using lengths of cording. Have each person wear their can costume and one of the cardboard boxes.
- Use drills, saws and hot glue with caution.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for