Fuchsia is a bright red-purple colour that takes its name from the bright blossoms of the fuchsia flower. Fuchsia paint is an eye-catching, warm colour that draws attention away from other colours on the canvas, so if you plan to use fuchsia on your canvas, use it on the object that is the focal point of the painting.
- Skill level:
- Moderately Easy
Other People Are Reading
Things you need
- Paint (red, purple and pink)
Mix red paint with pink paint in equal parts on your palette. You may do this by dipping your paintbrush in each colour and mixing them together in a circle on the palette, or by squeezing equal amounts of each colour from paint tubes and then mixing them together with your brush.
Dip your paintbrush in purple paint so that the tip of the paintbrush is purple.
Mix the purple paint with the red and pink.
Tips and warnings
- Depending on how dark or light your purple paint is, you may need to add more purple to your mixture. Add it slowly, so you don't add too much. Look at a picture of a fuchsia plant as a point of reference for your colour, if you're concerned about the accuracy.
- Adding white to the mixture will dull the intensity of the fuchsia.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for