After you make baked potatoes, you may have leftovers that you do not want to discard. Freezing the baked potatoes allows you to enjoy them later. Frozen baked potatoes generally only last for one month in the freezer. When you are ready to enjoy the baked potatoes, they do not need to be defrosted. Heat frozen baked potatoes in the oven or microwave. Reheating the baked potatoes properly ensures that they remain fresh and flavourful.
- Skill level:
Things you need
- Greased baking tray
- Cooking thermometer
- Microwave-safe plate
- Paper towels
Heat the oven to 218 degrees Celsius.
Unwrap the packaging from the frozen baked potatoes.
Place the baked potatoes onto a greased baking tray.
Heat the baked potatoes in the oven for 30 minutes.
Remove the potatoes when they are heated thoroughly or until the potatoes reach a safe internal temperature of 73.9 degrees Celsius.
Remove the frozen baked potatoes from the freezer. Remove the packaging from the potatoes.
Wrap the potatoes in a paper towel. Place the potatoes onto a microwave-safe plate.
Microwave the baked potatoes on high power for five minutes. Rotate the potatoes on the plate to ensure that they heat evenly. Heat the potatoes in the microwave for an additional five minutes.
Remove the baked potatoes when they are heated thoroughly and reach a safe internal temperature of 73.9 degrees Celsius.
Allow the potatoes to cool for two to three minutes before consuming.
Tips and warnings
- Top the potatoes with cheese five minutes before you remove them from the oven to allow the cheese to melt.
- Read your microwave's manufacturer directions before you reheat the baked potato to ensure that you use it properly. Modern microwaves have a baked potato or frozen vegetable setting.
- Always wash potatoes before you prepare them to remove any dangerous bacteria.
- 20 of the funniest online reviews ever
- 14 Biggest lies people tell in online dating sites
- Hilarious things Google thinks you're trying to search for